RHOA Marlo Hampton’s Criminal History, Including 7 Mugshots


We saw Marlo Hampton’s violent temper on last week’s Real Housewives of Atlanta, and now RadarOnline is reporting Marlo has been arrested at least 7 times, and has her mugshots to prove it. According to court documents obtained by the site, Hampton was arrested on May 26th, 1999, at age 23, for “Aggravated Battery/Great Bodily Harm,” which is a first-degree felony. She was released that same day on a $5,000 bond.

After Marlo’s criminal past was referenced on RHOA, she released a statement defending herself. “I am shocked and saddened to hear of the recent distortions of events and false accusations disseminated over an altercation I was involved in over a dozen years ago… I was in my early twenties, and what took place started out as an argument with someone who was once my friend, over the phone,” Hampton said. “As disturbing as the carrying of a weapon may seem, it was quite common in the environment in which I was raised, and not only I, but also the person involved in the altercation, had each brought weapons to protect ourselves. There was a confrontation, her knife dropped, mine did not.”

On September 28th, 1999, Hampton began to serve time for her aggravated battery felony conviction. Online records show she served four months in jail and was released on January 28th, 2000. This same case came back to haunt Marlo, leading to four parole violation arrests over the next several years. Online records didn’t list the specific violation of her parole, but she was arrested on June 19th, 2000 and served 111 days in jail. Then, on Valentine’s Day in 2001, Hampton was arrested again and served six days in jail for violating her parole.

But it doesn’t stop there. A warrant was out for her arrest for “Obtaining Property or Services in Return for Worthless Checks, Drafts, or Debit Card Orders (under $150).” She was arrested on September 9th, 2002 and released on $1,000 bond the following day. On December 4th, 2002, Hampton was picked up and charged with “possession of a firearm,” which is against the law for a convicted felon. She was released from jail after nine days.

The “Aggravated Battery/Great Bodily Harm” charges continued to follow her, and another parole violation landed Hampton back in jail on July 28th, 2003. There are no details available about the specific violation, but court documents reveal she was released 30 days later on August 27th, 2003.

Check out the gallery of Marlo’s mugshots below.

Photo Credit: Bravo/RadarOnline