The judge in Joe Giudice’s deportation case may be changing his mind on sending Teresa’s husband back to Italy.
On Monday, October 1, Judge Ellington was expected to issue a written decision on Giudiceâ€™s deportation status, but the decision was delayed.
We don’t know the exact reason why the hearing was cancelled, but Joe’s attorney thinks this could mean good news for the Giudice family.
Giudiceâ€™s attorney, Jerard Gonzalez, told RadarOnline that the judge â€œis really thinking about this one,â€ adding â€œit is a very unique issue.â€
As we have previously reported, ICE officials have been pushing for Joe’s immediate deportation. Meanwhile, Giudice has been fighting tooth and nail to stay in the United States as he remains in deportation proceedings.
During the last court hearing on September 5, Giudice pleaded with the judge from his Allenwood, Pennsylvania federal prison to let him stay in the country.
â€œIâ€™ve been here my whole life, I wouldnâ€™t know what to do in any other country,â€ he told the court. â€œI want to stay here.â€
The judge did note that if he found Giudice was â€œeligible for cancellation of removal or that he should not be deported, the government prosecutors have a right to appeal.â€
Joe’s next court hearing is scheduled for October 10.