logoallthings.png

E-Mail Proves RHOC Stages Scenes, Tamra Barney Fights Simon To Allow Kids On Show

RHOC

More proof has surfaced that Bravo producers stage scenes on The Real Housewives of Orange County. In an e-mail dated November 1, 2011, a producer for RHOC wrote Tamra’s ex-husband Simon Barney, to enquire about whether he was prepared to participate in a staged scene after the couple’s divorce.

“Let me know if you’ve changed your mind about filming the scene we spoke about, going to get ice crew with the kids and then handing them over to Tamra,” producer Sally-Anne King asked Simon Barney. Barney refused to shoot the scene. “If you’re up for it, we can take it from there.”

The e-mail was included as evidence as part of Tamra’s court bid in a desperate attempt to have a judge allow her three children with Simon, Sidney, 15, Spencer, 13, and Sophia, 8, to appear on the show.

The Bravo producer also advised Simon in the e-mail, “I should be clear that we wouldn’t be able to give you any editorial approval over the footage though. Just want to make sure we’re on the same page on that.”

RadarOnline reports that Tamra was taking Simon to court to revisit the idea of allowing their children on RHOC. “Petitioner (Simon) is acting in bad faith,” Tamra told a California court in a request for an order that would force Simon to allow the kids to appear on camera. “When he himself was on the show, prior to our separation, he had no issue at all in consenting to the children’s participating.”

“Now that we are separated, the Petitioner refused to allow the kids to partake and has directly threatened legal action against the network,” Tamra reveals. “Petitioner has threatened to sue the network that runs my show, should they allow the children to participate in the show though said participation shall fall within my periods of physical custody.”

“These threats have prevented me from exercising legal control over the minor children during my periods of physical custody as the network will not allow the minor children to participate in the filming of the Series due to the Petitioner’s previous threats, without either the Petitioner’s execution of a consent form or finding of this court that I may consent independently,” Tamra said. “The network will not allow our children to participate despite my consent. I have requested that the Petitioner sign an appropriate consent, but he refused.”

“In fact, if our other children express a desire to participate in the future, I would also provide them with that opportunity,” Tamra revealed when stating that her daughter Sophia wants to be on the show with her mom. “I am not requesting any modification to the visitation orders and I am not proposing to infringe on any of the Petitioner’s visitation time.”

Tamra’s case is scheduled to be heard on December 20th.

Photo Credit: Bravo

AllThingsRH

AllThingsRH

My name is Nicki. I am 32 years-old and married to my best friend. I was previously in business for over 12 years, but I’ve always had a great passion for web and graphic design. Another one of my passions, of course, is to escape into the world of TV, which is where this journey began. My goal in starting AllThingsRH.com was to give fans, like myself, a place to catch up on all the latest news and gossip about The Real Housewives. I wanted to create a place where viewers could interact with each other, share their opinions, and get straight-forward and unbiased information about what’s going on. I am proud of the diversity this site has to offer.