The secret is out, Bravo! RadarOnline obtained a copy of the contract each participant on The Real Housewives of New Jersey must sign and it’s apparent the network lets the cast know they can “fictionalize” story lines. Radar also reportsÂ the UNPAID reality show hopefuls agree (via an â€œappearance release formâ€) to allow the scenes they participate in to be spun into any story line of theÂ producers choosing…
â€œThe rights granted herein shall also include the right to edit, delete, dub andÂ fictionalizeÂ the Footage and Materials, the Program and the Advertisements as Producer sees fit in Producerâ€™s sole discretion,â€ the contract reads, as we previously reported.
The contract also reveals how participants agree, from a legal standpoint, that itâ€™s not the fault of the production company if theyâ€™re injured, defamed or have â€œpersonal, private, surprising, disparaging and embarrassingâ€ details of their life broadcast, even if those humiliating and â€œunfavorableâ€ details are not true.
Some of the terms of the agreement include:
- They will not be paid for participating. â€œI hereby waive any and all rights I may have to any compensation whatsoever.â€
- The show may expose them to â€œpublic ridicule, humiliation or condemnationâ€ and may portray them in a false light.
- They shall not talk about the show and what goes on behind-the-scenes â€” ever â€” keeping â€œin strictest confidenceâ€ both â€œprior to, during, or after the tapingâ€ all â€œinformation or materials.â€
- They must wear â€œclothing, costumes, accessories and/or makeupâ€ at the discretion of producers.
- Their appearances on the show are â€œnot a performance and is not (considered) employment.â€ It adds, â€œI acknowledge that I am a volunteer.â€
- Footage of them may be â€œexploited throughout the universe at any time, in perpetuityâ€¦ without any compensation to me whatsoever.â€
Adding,Â â€œI agree that I will never sue Producer, Sirens Media, LLC (â€œSirens Mediaâ€), NBCUniversal Media, LLC, Network or anyone because I do not like the manner in which Producer or its licensees or assignees took or used the Footage and Materials or used the Footage and Materials in the Program.â€
Photo Credit: Bravo